We hope that you don’t apply the title of this Lead Tidbit to this Lead Tidbit. We need to say some things again and again - each time slightly differently, until we all start doing things differently. So don’t look for any CHIDUSH here; but do read on with fresh eyes.
Every year when Parshat Vayeishev comes around - right before Chanuka or occasionally at the beginning of Chanuka, the same thoughts pop up.
And Yisrael loved Yosef more than all his sons… and he made for him a fine woolen tunic with different colored stripes.
NO! Don’t do that! It is the trigger to tragedy and disaster.
A weekly feature of Torah Tidbits to help clarify practical and conceptual aspects of the Jewish Calendar, thereby better fulfilling the mitzva of haChodesh HaZeh Lachem…
Recent Torah Tidbits
- Issue 1056 - Shabbat Parshat Shoftim
- Issue 1055 - Shabbat Parshat R'ei
- Issue 1054 - Shabbat Parshat Eikev
- Issue 1053 - Shabbat Parshat Va’etchanan - Nachamu
- Issue 1052 - Shabbat Parshat D'varim
- Issue 1051 - Shabbat Parshat Matot Masei - Shabbat Mevarchim
- Issue 1050 - Shabbat Parshat Pinchas
- View All Issue Archives