We hope that you don’t apply the title of this Lead Tidbit to this Lead Tidbit. We need to say some things again and again - each time slightly differently, until we all start doing things differently. So don’t look for any CHIDUSH here; but do read on with fresh eyes.
Every year when Parshat Vayeishev comes around - right before Chanuka or occasionally at the beginning of Chanuka, the same thoughts pop up.
And Yisrael loved Yosef more than all his sons… and he made for him a fine woolen tunic with different colored stripes.
NO! Don’t do that! It is the trigger to tragedy and disaster.
A weekly feature of Torah Tidbits to help clarify practical and conceptual aspects of the Jewish Calendar, thereby better fulfilling the mitzva of haChodesh HaZeh Lachem…
Recent Torah Tidbits
- Issue 1043 - Shabbat Parshat B’har-B’chukotai - Shabbat M’vorchim
- Issue 1042 - Shabbat Parshat Emor
- Issue 1041 - Shabbat Parshat Acharei-K'Doshim
- Issue 1040 - Shabbat Parshat Tazri'a-M'tzora
- Issue 1039 - Shabbat Parshat Tzav-Hagadol-Shmini
- Issue 1038 - Shabbat Parshat Vayikra
- Issue 1037 - Shabbat Parshat Vayakhel-P'Kudei-Hachodesh
- View All Issue Archives