Word of the Month
Word of the Month
Last opportunity for Kiddush L’vana for Nissan: WED Mar 27, until 12:22am (of Thursday). That’s the third night of Pesach - unusual for Kiddush L’vana to go that far into Pesach. 5773 is a CHASEIR year, meaning that we had three months in a row with 29 days each (Marcheshvan, Kislev, and Tevet). The duration from one molad to the next is more than 29 days. So the moladot kept advancing in relation to Rosh Chodesh. With the months now alternating between 29 & 30 days, the molad will stay on or close to R"Ch.
In 12-month years, TZAV is always Shabbat HaGadol. In 13-month years, it can be Zachor, J’lem Purim, Para (most common), or read alone.
Here’s the other side of the coin - In 12-month years, HAGADOL is always Shabbat Parshat Tzav. In 13-month years, it is most often Shabbat Parshat M’tzora and occasionally on Shabbat Parshat Acharei.
In This Issue of Torah Tidbits
- Lead Tidbit
- Guest Article
- Candle A Day
- Gold from the Land of Israel
- Aliya-by-Aliya Sedra Summary
- Sedra Stats
- Maharal on the Sedra
- Vebbe Rebbe
- Portion of the Portion
- Oz Torah
- Parsha Points to Ponder
- TTriddles "Report"
- Person In The Parsha
- Word of the Month
- Chizuk and Idud
- Divrei Menachem
- "From Machon Puah"
Recent Torah Tidbits
- Issue 1056 - Shabbat Parshat Shoftim
- Issue 1055 - Shabbat Parshat R'ei
- Issue 1054 - Shabbat Parshat Eikev
- Issue 1053 - Shabbat Parshat Va’etchanan - Nachamu
- Issue 1052 - Shabbat Parshat D'varim
- Issue 1051 - Shabbat Parshat Matot Masei - Shabbat Mevarchim
- Issue 1050 - Shabbat Parshat Pinchas
- Issue 1049 - Shabbat Parshat Balak
- Issue 1048 - Shabbat Parshat Chukat
- Issue 1047 - Shabbat Parshat Korach
- Issue 1046 - Shabbat Parshat Sh'lach
- Issue 1045 - Shabbat Parshat B'haalot'cha
- View All Issue Archives