Hidden in the Sand
As we have said often in the past, we make no claims that our ‘gimatriya discoveries’ prove anything. Our particular style of gimatriya searching is to take p’sukim or significant partial p’sukim and see if anything interesting turns up. It’s like walking along a beach with a metal detector and occasionally getting a beep or a buzz, or whatever sounds metal detectors make. Sometimes you find nothing of interest, but sometimes something hidden in the sand brightens your day. You exclaim: “Hey, look at what I found!” And that happens once in a while on these gimatriya searches. Case in point…
ZOT CHUKAT HATORAH, certainly a significant partial-pasuk. Its numeric value is 7+1+400 (408) + 8+100+400 (508) 5+400+6+200+5 (616) = 1532.
There are six whole p’sukim in Tanach with a gimatriya of 1532 - one in Yeshayahu, 3 in T’hilim, and 2 in Mishlei. One of the six draws our attention.
Rashi, on ZOT CHUKAT HATORAH, as we referred to in the Lead Tidbit, states that we have an answer to the nations and people of the world who ridicule us for following commands that are not logical. Our answer is, that we follow G-d’s commands because He commands them. Period. End of story.
T’hilim 49:2 - “Hear this all you peoples; give ear, all you inhabitants of the world”
Gimatriya: 1532. Nice, no?
In This Issue of Torah Tidbits
- Lead Tidbit
- Guest Article
- Candle A Day
- Gold from the Land of Israel
- Aliya-by-Aliya Sedra Summary
- Sedra Stats
- Maharal on the Sedra
- Vebbe Rebbe
- Portion of the Portion
- Oz Torah
- Parsha Points to Ponder
- ParshaPix Explanations
- TTriddles "Report"
- Person In The Parsha
- Word of the Month
- The Trade and Commerce of the Talmid Chacham- Tamari
- Chizuk and Idud
- Divrei Menachem
- "From Machon Puah"
Recent Torah Tidbits
- Issue 1056 - Shabbat Parshat Shoftim
- Issue 1055 - Shabbat Parshat R'ei
- Issue 1054 - Shabbat Parshat Eikev
- Issue 1053 - Shabbat Parshat Va’etchanan - Nachamu
- Issue 1052 - Shabbat Parshat D'varim
- Issue 1051 - Shabbat Parshat Matot Masei - Shabbat Mevarchim
- Issue 1050 - Shabbat Parshat Pinchas
- Issue 1049 - Shabbat Parshat Balak
- Issue 1048 - Shabbat Parshat Chukat
- Issue 1047 - Shabbat Parshat Korach
- Issue 1046 - Shabbat Parshat Sh'lach
- Issue 1045 - Shabbat Parshat B'haalot'cha
- View All Issue Archives