מעל פסגת הר הצופים – From the Heights of Mount Scopus
With Guide: Arie Salomon
Tuesday, July 17, 2:30 – 7:30pm
In preparation for Tisha B’Av, join us for a walking tiyul to explore the rich heritage of the Hebrew University Mount Scopus campus overlooking Har HaBayit.
- Matzof 247 Memorial dedicated to members of the Mt. Scopus military Intelligence unit
- Cave of Nikanor (of Alexandria) who donated one of the gates of Herod’s Temple
- “Tilted Tree” in memory of the students & staff killed in a July 2002 terror attack
- Pre-’48 buildings & theater where Rabbi Kook spoke at the 1925 dedication of the Hebrew University
- Archaeological Institute with the stone from the 3rd wall of Yerushalayim during 2nd Temple period
- Shiur & Mincha in the Hecht Synagogue, named for former US Nevada Senator, with a stunning panoramic view of Har HaBayit
Members: NIS 70 NM: 80 NIS
Reservations 02-5609110 or http://www.ouisrael.org
Bookings are closed for this event.