Shoftim stats

Published November 30, -0001

Sho-f’tim stats
48th of the 54 sedras;
5th of 11 in D’varim
Written on 191.6 lines (rank: 27)
18 Parshiyot; 3 open, 15 closed
97 p’sukim – rank: 36 – 7th in D’varim
(tied with Tzav, but larger)
1523 words – rank: 28 – 7th in D’varim
5590 letters – rank: 31 – 7th in D’varim
Relatively large p’sukim, like most of D’varim but an average-sized sedra

MITZVOT
41 mitzvot – 14 positive, 27 prohibitions;
ranks 6th in mitzvot among the sedras
The top 6 mitzva-sedras contain 55% of the Torah’s mitzvot. (31 other sedras have the other 45%; 17 have none)