17 b’Tamuz is on Tuesday July 15
In Yerushalayim the fast begins at 4:19 a.m. and ends at 8:16 p.m.
Disasters that are remembered on 17 b’Tamuz:
• The Tablets were broken when Moshe Rabeinu came down from Mt. Sinai
• The daily tamid offering was suspended
• The walls of Jerusalem were breached in the time of the Second Temple. The three week period of mourning before 9 b’Av begins.
• Before the Bar Kochba revolt, Apostomus, a Roman military leader, burned the Torah
• Jews placed an idol in the Temple
This year’s schedule at the OU Israel Center:
Rabbi Aharon Adler on Rambam
Mrs. Shira Smiles: Parsha Insights
Phil Chernofsky on the 17th of Tamuz
Women’s Tehilim Group
Rabbi Aharon Ziegler: Authenticating a Navi, Gadol HaDor and Mashiach
Rabbi Ephraim Sprecher: Soaring through Sorrow. This shiur is dedicated to the memory of Edward Zipperstein ז”ל
Ma’ariv followed by refreshments